After the disappointment of our ‘summer’, we begin to watch the evenings close in with a shiver… However, we here at B+B LOVE the autumn, and here’s why:
- Season of mists… Is any season more atmospheric? Shrug up your collar, pull down the brim of your hat and play at Sherlock Holmes.
- Yes, you chaps in the US do Hallowe’en much better than us Brits. However, remember that we have the 5th November, and this is an event with FIRE. Watch fireworks light up the Houses of Parliament, and ask ‘Penny for the guy, Guv’nor?’
- They’re everywhere, including on the tracks and cluttering up gardens… But who doesn’t love jumping into a pile of leaves and giving them a good old kick!
- The weather. Hear me out. Cold, crisp mornings and sunsets that bask the country in a beautiful orange glow. Where better to indulge than gazing across the majestic views of the Thames?
- Gingerbread lattes. And mulled wine. And hearty stews. Forget summer’s sparkling water and salads – Autumn is all about hearty fare.
- Christmas shopping. People may groan when they hear the Selfridges opened their Christmas shop in July, but how many of us secret relish this opportunity for a bit of retail therapy… And shopper’s guilt? Banished – it’s all for other people.
- And finally. The climax of London’s Autumn. The best reason to don a coat & gloves. The World’s best Festive Festival… Winter Wonderland reopens on 19th November. Last year it was FREE, and you can walk there from B+B Belgrvia.
So how about it? Gleaming pavements, riverside restaurants, the most exciting city in the world… London is waiting to beat the end-of-summer blues.
If you are planning a jaunt from 1st November, book at B+B Belgravia for 2 nights or more and receive 20% off your stay. Contact the hotel directly, or book online.
Subject to availability, T&Cs apply.
With the festive season approaching, London is preparing to host some of the best winter events in England’s tourist calendar. The Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Festival has an excellent reputation for entertaining groups of friends and families searching for that festive boost in their spirits. Once again, B+B Belgravia is perfectly located to warm your toes after a fantastic evening.
Winter Wonderland Highlights
The festival transforms a large section of Hyde Park near Hyde Park station from the 23rd of November through to the 5th of January, giving you ample chance to experience its myriad of events.
- Feel the rush of ice-skating in the open air; the ice rink is illuminated by 108,000 Victorian tea-lights for that extra spark of magic.
- Find unique gifts at the Christmas market.
- Marvel at the variety of skilled performers at Zippo’s Circus: A highly popular attraction, not just for being heated, which features breath-taking aerobics and illusions.
- Fill the young ones with anticipation and excitement on a trip to Santa’s Grotto.
- Refresh and warm up everyone in your group with the tasty Bavarian food and drinks on offer.
- The Magical Ice Kingdom is a walk-through world of ice and snow where you will encounter woodland creatures and a unicorn-pulled carriage.
Unique festive B+B Belgravia experience
The morning after such an evening deserves to be complimented with a fine English breakfast in your choice of modern rooms or studio apartments. You are also situated in central London with all of its winter attractions never too far away. Book now at B+B Belgravia and embrace London at this special time of year.
The famous Zippo's Circus
Each year Winter Wonderland attracts more than a million visitors to Hyde Park. Hyde Park Winter Wonderland can be enjoyed by everyone â€“ it is absolutely FREE to enter Hyde Park and visit Santa Land. Experience the wonderment of the festive season with an array of magical activities, rides and attractions to explore! Whether youâ€™re a thrill-seeker or enjoy the more tranquil experiences â€“ there is something for all.
Soar 60 meters into the London sky in the comfort of enclosed pods and experience spectacular views. See the famous Zippos Christmas Circus, in an awe-inspiring extravaganza for the whole family or skate on the Samsung Galaxy Ice Rink. Winter Wonderland would not be complete without rides like the famous Power Tower, the Snow Jet and the Winter Wonderland Express!
The opening times including Boxing Day and New Yearâ€™s Eve are 10am until 10pm, from 19 November 2011 to 3 January 2012. (Christmas Day the event is closed).
Hyde Park London W2 2UH