The haunted walks will take you to some of Victoriaâ€™s famous landmarks and less well-known buildings. There are plenty of fascinating, spooky tales about this historic areaâ€™s real and supernatural past. Haunted Victoria promises to unveil the magic and mystery that lies hidden behind Victoriaâ€™s sober stone and steel facadesâ€¦Victoria is an area drenched in history, spiritual symbolism and tales of strange, ghostly apparitions. Learn to distinguish between the true stories, myths and paranormal tales associated with two of Londonâ€™s great churches, Westminster Cathedral and Westminster Abbey. The walk will unearth some of the most haunted steps in England and unveil grim anecdotes about Victoriaâ€™s bloody past.
- Known for its bustling shops and offices, Victoria Street straddles the site of the notorious 17th century Tothill Fields Prison, within one of the oldest districts in London, Westminster.
- Visit some of the dark passageways dotted across the SW1 area towards the walkâ€™s climax; an exceptionally rare opportunity to explore the secret underground rooms and vaults of the old Army & Navy building beneath House of Fraser. Today, the building lies unused and empty, apart from a few ghostly sounds in the dead of nightâ€¦
- Weâ€™ll bring you back to present reality by inviting you to join your fellow haunted walk guests and guide for a complimentary cup of steaming hot chocolate, courtesy of Victoria BID, before we send you off into the night.
- Thursday 27 October starting at 6.00 â€“ 7.30pm
- Friday 28 October starting at 6.00 â€“ 7.30pm
- Tuesday 1 November starting at 6.00 â€“ 7.30pm
The starting place for all these walks is outside the Victoria Palace Theatre.Â The walks have been arranged by bespoke experience company Urban Gentry,Â with thanks to House of Fraser for granting Victoria BID permission to enter former Army & Navy Store.
- Please wear comfortable shoes (no heels) and warm casual clothes!
- All participants will need to sign a disclaimer and personal liability waiver form before they depart.
- For further info, please contact Rozanne Shipman on email email@example.com