After the disappointment of our ‘summer’, we begin to watch the evenings close in with a shiver… However, we here at B+B LOVE the autumn, and here’s why:
- Season of mists… Is any season more atmospheric? Shrug up your collar, pull down the brim of your hat and play at Sherlock Holmes.
- Yes, you chaps in the US do Hallowe’en much better than us Brits. However, remember that we have the 5th November, and this is an event with FIRE. Watch fireworks light up the Houses of Parliament, and ask ‘Penny for the guy, Guv’nor?’
- They’re everywhere, including on the tracks and cluttering up gardens… But who doesn’t love jumping into a pile of leaves and giving them a good old kick!
- The weather. Hear me out. Cold, crisp mornings and sunsets that bask the country in a beautiful orange glow. Where better to indulge than gazing across the majestic views of the Thames?
- Gingerbread lattes. And mulled wine. And hearty stews. Forget summer’s sparkling water and salads – Autumn is all about hearty fare.
- Christmas shopping. People may groan when they hear the Selfridges opened their Christmas shop in July, but how many of us secret relish this opportunity for a bit of retail therapy… And shopper’s guilt? Banished – it’s all for other people.
- And finally. The climax of London’s Autumn. The best reason to don a coat & gloves. The World’s best Festive Festival… Winter Wonderland reopens on 19th November. Last year it was FREE, and you can walk there from B+B Belgrvia.
So how about it? Gleaming pavements, riverside restaurants, the most exciting city in the world… London is waiting to beat the end-of-summer blues.
If you are planning a jaunt from 1st November, book at B+B Belgravia for 2 nights or more and receive 20% off your stay. Contact the hotel directly, or book online.
Subject to availability, T&Cs apply.